Earth Day is April 22. Arbor Day in America is the last Friday in April (sometimes falling on Earth Day). There are many things you can do to celebrate and help maintain our planet- recycling is something everyone can do. These 5 save the earth activities for Earth Day are simple ways you can make a difference. What is Earth Day?
Save the Earth! We’ve rounded up five great ways to get involved.
- Whole Foods has some great information on Pollinators. What will happen when the bees are gone? How can you help protect the pollinators?
- For younger children, (infants to first grade) talk about the importance of recycling to save the earth and then make a tree from recycled egg cartons and paper. We found this one at GluedtomyCraftsBlog.com. You might also like this recycled Christmas Tree craft.
- Tinkerlab offers 50 activities using recycled materials. What a great way to teach about saving the environment!
- Learn how to make homemade paper at Education.com.
- Better Book World is sharing 5 ways to teach kids about sustainable living.